11/6/12

Introducing the ART BOX CSA

Dear Friends;


I'm glad you stopped by my blog. Let me introduce you to the Art Box CSA. CSA stands for Community Supported Art. Much like you find with community supported agriculture, we are a collective of artists--quilters, stitchers, mixed media addicts--who have pooled our resources to create boxes of delight. If you hop on over to the Art Box site, you can get all the details. You'll be able to choose from different options for purchase of these one-of-a-kind 8"x8" gallery wrapped canvases spilling over with color, line, stitch and whimsy. Your favorite artists are included in this collective: Sue Bleiweiss, Lyric Kinard, Jamie Fingal, Leslie Tucker Jenison, Kathy York, Judy Coates Perez, Deborah Boschert, Tracie Lyn Huskamp, Desiree Habicht and myself. Check the CSA link on the right side of this blog for FAQ about the art and artists, or to purchase your Art Box set.

I have decided to take a hiatus from art and make space for other interests, so this is the last opportunity to own something handmade by me. I plan to use this blog to continue sharing my thoughts, enterprises and dreams. Thanks to everyone who has been with me on this journey from Cloth Paper Scissors, to Stitch Alchemy, to the present. What a great trip!


Here are some photos of the Art Box pieces I've contributed. You'll recognize my signature Stitch Imagery style. All of these pieces began life as drawings on watercolor paper, collaged, painted and stitched. They were scanned for digital additions and then printed out on fabric. 
From there I added oil pastels, paint, foil, hand stitching and whatever I could find to embellish. Each small quilt is hand stitched to a fabric wrapped canvas, then signed on the back. They're ready to hang on the wall. I chose the sweets theme as one I return to again and again. 







Help yourself to the tutorials on this site and keep in touch~! Kelli

11 comments:

  1. What beautiful and joyful pieces! I look forward to watching your continued journey through life.... loving whichever direction you choose to go. Thank you for sharing you vitality with the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and don't forget The Embellished Circus :) Best of luck going forward ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah Judy! I knew someone would call me out on that. Oh those early days of decos and trades and the fun we had! Embellished Circus indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kelli! Happy New Year to you. I'm sorry I've not stopped by for a while....I LOVE your little pictures so full of yummy vibrant colour!
    Moira

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi..that's a wonderfull art..I love it..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I just found your blog and it is soooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun, but where are you? Please come back and make more art. You are amazing.
    I am your newest blogging sister # 479. If you see this in the next few days, come over because I am having a Give-Away . . . come put your name in the hat :)
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing, I will bookmark and be back again



    Permanent Sharpie Marker

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice post in your site !
    two thumb up for you ! ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so enjoy yur work Nina..you are such a creative force..whenever I need color and inspiration I come to your blog..best luck with your new enterprises but don't forget us!

    Fulvia

    ReplyDelete